Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Google+

So, I have been playing with Google+ (gplus.to/kellythul) and here are some early observations:
  • Location check-in is super crazy easy
     
  • Appears to be plan to fold in Blogger to some degree.  If that is deep integration, it is going to confuse me.  I have viewed this blog and my Twitter and Facebook activity as connected, but different
     
  • Circles look to be an effective way to organize feeds to work, home, industry, etc. -- IF you approach them thoughtfully and have some level of organizational skill.  So, I'm doomed pretty much
     
  • The "sparks" feature is an awesome way to catch posts on your interests (and yes, the first one I set up was for Alice Cooper).  Sparks will be wasting much of my remaining existence
  • As you would expect, works quite well on my Droid.  Not sure how the mobile integration will happen for iPhone users - but it clearly has to somehow/sometime.  Not that I associate with iPhone users of course
      
  • Today was the first day where for a fleeting moment I wondered if my Facebook page will end up like my I-think-I-have-one-but-not-completely-sure MySpace page.  It was fleeting, but it crossed my mind
     
  • Still seeing big differences in my use of Google+ and Twitter.  Google+ does not appear to be a particularly nurturing environment for hashtag games... and I GOTS to have my hashtag games
More to come... someday.

1 comment:

  1. You need to do an article on what it even is. I meant to call you because I have no idea what Google+ is but I press +1 on all my blogs in hopes it means something. And whats 'Sparkle'? sounds flashy, i want it.

    ReplyDelete