Saturday, February 16, 2008

Online reputation help

Good read on services some companies are offering to help you manage your online reputation. Thanks to Joe for sharing.

Some interesting approaches here. Sometimes they try and load up a bunch of non-offensive links to push offending content down a few pages... sometimes they try and get the offending content taken down. The former seems like modified Google Bombing, the later faces the challenge of overcoming the amazing half life online content seems to have.

(I am proud to say a 10 year old comment I wish I had never typed- but was retained for public viewing via an AOL chat transcript - seems to have FINALLY washed away.)

Ultimately, I think these companies can help, but not totally solve this problem. Maybe the French have a some ideas here. I reccomend you do Google search on "French Military Victories" to see what they might have to offer on tweaking search results. I am sure the first result in the results will offer great insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment