Wednesday, April 17, 2013

So anyway...

Doing a little travel today.  Allow me to recap:

  • Flight 1 was supposed to leave at 10:45
  • Immediate delay to 12:00.... connection will be tight
  • Additional delay until 1:00... Well, now I am screwed
  • We board.  We fly.  We land.  
  • Connecting flight was delayed. Yay!  
  • New departure time is in 2 minutes in Gate Gazillion Miles Away A. Dammit.
  • Arrive panting at the gate.  Attendant, let's call him "Mr. I Misjudged You Initially", says "we're closed".  I explain I just ran to this gate and missed the flight.  He books me on the next flight and explains it leaves in 15 minutes at Gate Half a Gazillion Miles Back, Remember You Passed It".  Sigh
  • Rush to new gate to to be treated to a new delay announcement.
  • Board.  Push off. Eventually.
  • We stop. The pilot, let's call him "Capt. Sack of Lying Crap That I Will Grow to Hate" says "Weather is picking up and we are 15-20 back in line to depart.  No clue when that will be.  Go ahead and use your electronics".  The "Because we ain't going anywhere." was implied
  • 20 minutes pass. Then Capt. Crap offers "Will be in the air in 3-5 minutes. PREPARE DAS CABIN".  You have given me hope Capt. 
  • 30 minutes (yes 30) later, he shares "Um, the tower is requiring a four minute gap between all departing flights. We a 4th in line.  That means we will leave in (long pause for mental math) in like 16 minutes".  Riiiiight
  • 40 minutes later, we take off.
  • 2 seconds after we we can use electronics, I pay for inflight wifi to post this.
  • I feel better.




No comments:

Post a Comment