Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Who Stole my Death Star?

After multiple viewings of various episodes during my beloved SpikeTV Labor Day Star Wars Marathon (in honor of the Death Star construction workers, AT AT line workers, and the Oompa Loopma warthogs manning the furnace conveyor on Bespin I guess), I have determined Palpatine is an outstanding business role model.

Think about it...
  1. He rapidly rose from a lowly senator representing the most annoying planet in the Republic to Emperor
  2. He secured a spiffy cadre of guards AND color coded them 
  3. EVERYONE took his calls 
  4. Plus the whole lightening from the fingers thing. Frick'n awesome. 
Now, I am not pointing this out just because many (rightly) have determined Palpatine and I likely have exact matching results on Pace Color Palette testing.

Honest.
 
Sometime during my third viewing of Return of the Jedi, I determined I could have rocketed up the old corporate turbo-lift had I limited my comments to the following gems he offered in the movie:

  • Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL (PowerPoint, white paper, business model, etc.) 
  • I wonder if your feelings on this matter are clear 
  • Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen 
  • You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things 
  • Only now, at the end, do you understand... 
  • Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision! 
It's never too late. I'll put these into action from here on out. 

Not sure if I'll sport the robe as well, but it is tempting.

2 comments:

  1. Just need to make sure you enunciate point #4 properly:

    ...about a great. many. thingssssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Pat. Meant to add the punctuation to reflect that

    ReplyDelete