Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow is just God's way of trying to kill you

Well, here I sit in Bloomington Illinois, waiting for 12, 24, or 30 inches of snow over the next few days.

Bloomington is noted for it's large strip mall and chain restaurant population, Beer Nuts, Lincoln stretched his legs here once... and a surprising large and active Twitter community.

Often, the somewhat unfortunate hashtag #blono is used for our area. We (blo) are part of a twin city thing with city of Normal (no). Yup, we are not Normal, just near it.

So, given the potential dire problems that could emerge with the storm, the #blono Twitter community has sprung it action.

We are trying to pick the right hashtag for the storm.

Options include..

#bilizzkrieg
#BloSno
#BlonoBlizathon
#blonosnowpocalypse
#snowkrieg
#Snowmageddon11
#snowpocalypse
#snoprah
#SnotoriousBIG

#snoprah is mine and is best followed by bellowing "IT'S HUGE", but I have to cast my vote for #SnotoriousBIG by @christyberka. This pains me, because I hate @christyberka. But it is a heck of a name.

Just wanted to provide an update and close by quoting a heartfelt tweet from yours truly...

@Kellythul: I am afraid this storm is so bad we have simply no choice and must burn Justin Bieber as fuel.

4 comments:

  1. Whatsa matta which u? u ain't got no luv for Blizzaster '11?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because I know you have a deep love of Star Wars: Snobi Wan Kenobi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snopra has replaced SnotoriousBIG as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The big snowbowski or the bourne snowpremacy

    ReplyDelete