Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Internal business podcasts?

Podcasts seem to be quite the rage lately. For personal use, I love them. While Alice Cooper's nightly radio show has yet to appear in this environment (a flaw I am sure will be addressed if there is justice in the universe), there is still a great deal of interesting material out there.

I have heard some suggest they are the "next big thing" internally. I don't have strong feelings either way, but I do have some nagging thoughts:

1. How many employees have iPods (or similar devices) - and for those that do, how many companies will want them to connect to employee workstations/laptops... and by proxy (no pun intended) your network

2. You could dodge the iPod issue by storing the audio on hard drives, but I wonder is a world with "HR policies on tape" is really any better. While it would be cool to hear leadership speak about company results, I wonder if I would spend less time, and have better future reference information, if that insight was delivered via static web content, a blog, or (gasp) even an email.

Not sure - just wonderin'

No comments:

Post a Comment